From Simply Recipes
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 cups of chopped, roasted green Anaheims
- 1 cup corn (frozen is fine, fresh is better)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 8x12 inch baking dish.
In a large bowl mix the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In a separate bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar. Beat the sour cream and eggs to the butter sugar mixture. Add the milk and the dry ingredients, a third at a time and alternating wet/dry. Mix in the green chiles, corn, and shredded cheese. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
Bake for 35 minutes, until top is browned, the center springs back when pressed down, and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool almost completely before serving.
Yield: Makes about 12 serving pieces.