- 2 cups carrots, turned
- 1-1/2 cups thickly sliced celery
- 1 cup fresh sliced fennel bulb
- 2 TBS rinsed and quartered Kalamata olives
- 2 TBS capers, rinsed
- 1-1/2 tsp dried Italian mixed herbs
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1-1/2TBS fresh lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Press garlic and let sit during step 2.
- Bring water to boil in steamer and add carrots and steam for 4 minutes. Add celery and fennel and steam for just 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl with capers and olives.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together, drizzling olive oil at end a little at a time.
- Toss with vegetables and marinate for at least 15 minutes before serving.