Don't forget to use the chicken carcass for a wonderful stock or chicken soup!
- 1 chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into 10 pieces
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces (halved lengthwise if thick)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the chicken, carrots, olives, bay leaves, lemon, oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Arrange in a single layer and sprinkle the chicken with the paprika.
- Roast, tossing the vegetables once, until the chicken is cooked through and the carrots are tender, 45 to 50 minutes.