- 1-2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 medium onion, cut into thin slivers
- 10 large fresh sage leaves
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Saute the carrots, onion and sage about 10 minutes to brown the onion. Season with salt and pepper as the vegetables cook. Pour in the wine and broth, adjusting the heat to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender when pierced with a knife. Add a little water if necessary. Before serving uncover and simmer off any liquid, leaving only enough to cloak the carrots in a moist glaze. Taste for seasoning and serve hot.