- 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 cups water
- One ounce 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatos
- 1 bunch curly kale, stalks trimmed
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 ounces canned chickpeas, preferably low sodium
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
Combine the ginger, olive oil, shallots, and zucchini in a pot. Sauté the ingredients together for 5 minutes. Add the water, can of tomatoes, ¾ of the bunch of kale, 1 tomato, can of chickpeas, cumin and chilli powder. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
Using an immersion blender (or transfering the soup to a blender in batches), mix the soup until fully blended. Mince the final ¼ of the kale and put into the pot with the second tomato. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes and then serve hot.