This takes a little time but is delicious and beautiful.
- 3 medium zucchini or other summer squash, thinly sliced long-ways (if zucchini) about ¼-inch thick
- Olive oil for brushing squash
- ½ bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ - 1/3 cup good olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
You can cook the squash one of three ways. You can brush with olive oil and broil on sheet pan, flipping once browned on one side until slightly browned and tender on both sides. You can grill on the barbeque or you can cook in a large heavy skillet on the stovetop in a little olive oil. All work great. The stovetop is probably the fastest. However you cook them, once cooked spread them out on a platter in a single layer.
Mix all the salsa verde ingredients together and adjust seasoning. Then drizzle/spread sauce over squash. Let rest for 15 minutes if you can before serving. Serve at room temperature.