From Martha Stewart
"This recipe recalls the popular Indian dish saag paneer. Its use of tofu instead of paneer, an Indian cheese, makes it lighter and more convenient."
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 14 1/2 ounces vegetable broth
- 6 bunches flat-leaf spinach (about 3 pounds), trimmed, washed, and chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 package (12 1/2 ounces) extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- Cooked brown rice, for serving
Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer spinach until soft and liquid is mostly evaporated, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and gently stir in tofu and yogurt; serve over rice.