From John Mitzewich
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red bell peppers, seeded, cut into half-inch strips
- 1 large green bell peppers, cut into half-inch strips
- 1 yellow onion, halved, and cut in quarter-inch slices
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- pinch of cayenne
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 4 grilled Italian hot or sweet sausage
- 4 soft rolls, split
Add the olive oil, pepper strips, and onion to a cold, large skillet, and turn on the heat to high. When you can hear the peppers and onions sizzling, reduce the heat to medium, and sauté for 8-10 minutes, or until the peppers and onions become soft and sweet. Add the garlic, and cook for one minute, stirring. Turn off the heat and add the vinegar, cayenne, salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
Divide the hot pepper mixture evenly over the four rolls and grilled sausages.