Absolutely one of Chris and my’s favorite meals- we made it earlier this week with our new potatoes, fresh tomatoes and yellow beans- quite simple to prepare and delicious!
- 5 fingerling potatoes
- 1 cup vinaigrette- (the Joy of Cooking recipe we used called for a dressing with red wine vinegar, olive oil, and Dijon mustard, we added some herbs of choice).
- 1 pound steamed green beans
- 1 head butter or red leaf lettuce, washed, dried, and chilled (any lettuce will do really, but butter lettuce in the best.)
- 3 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 1 cup canned or cooked tuna, chilled
- 6 (approx.) canned anchovy filets
- 1/2 Greek cup olives
Boil whole potatoes until just tender. Drain; rinse in cold water & slip off skins. While still warm, cut into 1/8-inch slices & gently toss with about 1/3 cup of vinaigrette in a bowl. Place steamed beans in another bowl & toss with enough vinaigrette to coat. Just before serving, toss lettuce leaves with vinaigrette to coat & arrange on a platter or plates. Arrange all ingredients in distinct clusters on the lettuce, drizzling on remaining vinaigrette & garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with French bread. Serves 6.