- 6 cups chicken broth, preferably bouillon-based
- 1 small onion, sliced lengthwise
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups kale, chopped and blanched
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped and blanched
- 2 cups wild arugula, chopped
- 1 cup fresh peas, boiled
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- Salt and pepper, for taste
Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan, lower the flame and keep to the side. In a large wok, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until golden, then add the rice and make sure it is completely coated in the oil. Cook for 3 minutes and then add the white wine, again making sure it's coated.
After, add ½ cup of broth at a time into the rice until it is completely absorbed and cooked al dente, reserving 1 cup of broth. Add in the kale and the spinach and cover with lid. After 3 minutes, add the arugula and the peas. Pour the remaining cup of broth, sprinkle a layer of Parmesan on top, no more then ½ cup, and cover with lid. After 4-5 minutes, remove lid and serve, adding Parmesan, salt, and pepper to taste.