- ¼ cup Butter
- 4 Leeks; roots & tops removed
- 3 mediums Potatoes; scrubbed and cut into 1/2" slices
- 1 Celeriac knob; peeled and cut into 1" chunks
- 4 cups Chicken or vegetable stock
- Thyme, basil and/or marjoram (Fresh), to taste
Melt butter in stockpot. Slice leeks into 1/4-inch slices and add to stockpot. Saute for 5 minutes until golden. Add potatoes and celeriac and saute for 5 minutes. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in 1 cup stock, cover and continue to cook until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour vegetables and stock into a food processor or blender and puree. Return puree to stockpot and add remaining stock and herbs. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.