- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/2 head Savoy cabbage, cored and very thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 2 large carrots, very thinly julienned (2 cups)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, quartered, cored, and sliced crosswise 1/8 inch thick
Whisk together juices, oil, and caraway seeds. Season with salt and pepper and toss with cabbage, carrots, and apple.
Let stand at room temperature, tossing occasionally, 40 minutes to allow flavors to blend and cabbage to wilt.